Browsing
various websites I came across an interesting video that inspired me to write a
short post. Have you ever had the feeling when you were thinking about where certain
words or phrases in the language come from? Or words in one language seemed to
you to be very similar to another language? I had.
There’s
nothing new in the fact that many words in the English are borrowed from
French, and conversely. But did you know that some of the words are a
combination of whole phrases? If you did, that’s great! :-) But for those who didn’t know, I
recommend you to watch the video below.
My personal
favorite ones are: porcupine, denim and mayday. It changes a lot, doesn’t it? :-)
I hope you like this short post :-)
Bye!
It's very interesting! My favorite one is "mayday", as yours :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment! I'm glad you like it :)
Delete