Thursday, 14 April 2016

Why is Lyon better than Paris?



It’s obviously true that you know Paris. Even if you weren’t there you know that’s the capital city of France, that’s the European capital of culture, fashion, cinematography and more. Probably if you are thinking of go to France, you want to go to Paris. But first you need to ask yourself, do you want to see Paris just because you want to see the Eiffel Tower on your own eyes, and it’s popular and it’s just PARIS, or do you want to experience France, the real France of amazing food, of friendly, kind and smiling people, the France of romantic streets with small cafés open almost until dawn, the France of amazing views, monuments, parks, festivals, and the most important, the places full of French traditions.
If you want to experience that all and more, you should visit LYON. Because it’s not without reason that people say; “it’s enough to go to Paris to see France. But to taste it you have to go to Lyon.” I agree completely.


Lyon is the third biggest city in France, but with population of about 500 000 people.  French people, but not only, call Lyon the culinary capital of France. But apart form Lyon’s kitchen, which is really delicious, Lyon is also known by the biggest festival of lights, by colourful history, which connects the city with such names as the Lumière brothers, François Rabelais or Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, by the amazing old town inscribed on the UNESCO list. Furthermore, one of the most famous French wines also comes from the area of Lyon, which is Beaujolais Nouveau. It’s worth adding that Lyon is the town very often chosen by students from all over the world. Not only because it offers a lot of attractions, but also mainly because it is much cheaper than Paris. And I could even mention more and more advantages of this picturesque city…



I used to travel to Paris very often, I was even in some others French cities, but when I went to Lyon for the firs time, although I was young then, I knew that I'll come back to this city one day. I liked it from the first minute spent in it. Thus, last year I had a chance to spend few months in this beautiful city.  I experienced Lyon fully and I really recommend you to visit it.




Obviously, don’t get me wrong. I don’t deny that Paris is beautiful city worth to see. Because it’s like “must see” in your travel list, but my point was to tell you that France is something more and there’s a lot else to experience and see.  So, if you don’t have plans for summer yet, maybe you’ll go to Lyon?



To further entice you, I suggest you view these links:

I hope you like this post. See you in the next one. 
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment